jeudi 16 avril 2015

Everything comes to those who wait.....



It must be over 3 years ago that I was called to a charming old house to value some items that were part of an estate. There was a large family of relatives and descendants and the house and contents were to be sold and shared between them. The elderly titled owner had been in a rest home in Paris and had not returned to the Summer residence for many years.

I valued what I could and I left a quote on some of the items I would like to buy. I never ever expected to hear anything and to be honest I had forgotten all about it.

Then I had a very surprising call from a local lawyer to meet him at the house and to see what, if anything, I wanted from the little that remained.

I expected to find just the total rubbish was left but instead I was delighted.

Oh my...you are going to adore these treasures mes belles!!

I shall say one thing .....the silk monogrammed and crown embellished stockings of a Countess...be still my beating heart!!!

I shall start listing today and below is a peep in some of the boxes.








And the sewing box of the Countess? Well that`s something I shall tell you as I photograph it!!

A la prochaine.....




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire