mardi 25 novembre 2014

Escargot..............




We woke up to lashing rain this morning. I looked out of the window to see an old bicycle propped against our gate and that could only mean one thing.




Daniel was in our garden collecting snails......to eat!!!


I went out to take him a hot coffee and there he was searching all the nooks and crannies in the stone wall with his " escargot stick".



He launched into an explanation of how I could tell if a snail had produced any young escargot this year by the lines on it`s shell.

I explained to him that I will never need to know that as I will NEVER EVER be eating any!!



A la prochaine mes belles

xxxxxx

2 commentaires:

  1. Hello Shirley
    How kind of you to bring coffee to Daniel. I used eat escargot but now that I see them in the garden my appetite has diminished.
    Enjoy your week
    Helen

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. We often see our local farmers collecting the snails down our lane as well. They are sooooo welcome to them :-) !

    RépondreSupprimer